[Education] May EM-Cast posted

amalmattu at comcast.net amalmattu at comcast.net
Tue May 3 17:16:01 EDT 2011

The May issue of EM-Cast is now posted at http://www.emedhome.com/cme_emcast_detail.cfm for subscribers.
Here's what we've got this month:

1. Dr. Haney Mallemat discusses an article on alternatives to intubation in patients with respiratory failure and provides his perspectives.
2. Drs. Sean Fox, Mimi Lu, Adam Friedlander, and Kim Castro help me manage a tough pediatric case...with a surprise at the end.
3. Dr. Ellen Lemkin discusses an article from the cardiology literature pertaining to cocaine's effects on the heart.
4. Finally, we'll review some recent literature indicating that perhaps we shouldn't be activating the cath lab for giving lytics for patients with new LBBB....get the scoop long before the national guidelines change!

EM-Cast....Listen, Learn, Save a Life!