[Education] Recent newsletter email

UMEM Administrator admin at umem.org
Thu May 11 16:08:24 EDT 2017

Dear Education Subscribers,

We wish to apologize for the recent email which slipped through our first
line spam filters with the subject:  Maisie F Palmer.

Since the email went through, we have been performing a thorough
investigation, and wanted to ensure we understood the full scope of the
event before we shared our findings. This email contained some content
which led to our second layer of filtering to automatically encrypt the
message. This restricted opening to the specific recipient, which was the
mailing list itself. This email was spam, but did not expose you to any
intrusion risk.

We have taken steps to further restrict our email listservs, and will
strive to avoid similar lapses in the future.

Again, sorry for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding and
continued use of our education offerings.

Sincerely,

Dan Lemkin, MD MS FACEP
Director of Clinical Informatics
Department of Emergency Medicine
University of Maryland School of Medicine